Austrian Airlines is a leading airline that offers a wide range of travel destinations across the globe. The airline has been in operation since 1957 and has since then transported over 305 million passengers. With a global route network of around 130 destinations and 220 flights per day, Austrian Airlines is the largest carrier in Austria.
Austrian Airlines is committed to providing its passengers with a comfortable and safe travel experience. The airline offers a range of travel classes, including Economy, Premium Economy, and Business Class, to cater to the diverse needs of its passengers. Passengers can enjoy a variety of in-flight entertainment options, including movies, TV shows, and music, to make their journey more enjoyable.
Austrian Airlines is also committed to ensuring the safety of its passengers during the COVID-19 pandemic. The airline has implemented various measures to ensure that its passengers can travel safely. These measures include mandatory mask-wearing, enhanced cleaning procedures, and social distancing measures.
Austrian Airlines is also committed to providing its passengers with a seamless travel experience. Passengers can check-in online or at the airport, and the airline offers a range of baggage options to suit the needs of its passengers. The airline also offers a frequent flyer program, Miles & More, which allows passengers to earn miles that can be redeemed for flights, upgrades, and other rewards.
Austrian Airlines is an affiliate member of the Star Alliance, which is the world’s largest airline alliance. This means that passengers can enjoy a range of benefits when traveling with Austrian Airlines, including access to lounges, priority check-in, and priority boarding.
In conclusion, Austrian Airlines is a reliable and comfortable airline that offers a wide range of travel destinations across the globe. The airline is committed to ensuring the safety of its passengers during the COVID-19 pandemic and provides a seamless travel experience. With a range of travel classes, in-flight entertainment options, and baggage options, Austrian Airlines caters to the diverse needs of its passengers. Passengers can also enjoy a range of benefits when traveling with Austrian Airlines as an affiliate member of the Star Alliance. Book your next flight with Austrian Airlines and experience the world like never before!
What are the baggage options?
Austrian Airlines offers a range of baggage options to suit the needs of its passengers. The baggage allowance and the cost of optional baggage vary due to different reasons. Passengers can use the airline’s baggage calculator to check how much baggage they are allowed to take on their flight and how to add optional baggage.
Here is a summary of the baggage options offered by Austrian Airlines:
- Hand Luggage: Passengers are allowed to carry one piece of hand luggage with them on board. The maximum dimensions of the hand luggage should not exceed 55 x 40 x 23 cm, and the maximum weight should not exceed 8 kg.
- Checked Baggage: The checked baggage allowance for Austrian Airlines varies depending on the fare type and travel class. For example, Economy Light fare does not include any baggage, while Economy Classic, Basic, Basic Plus, and Flex fares include 1 bag (50 pounds/23 kg). Business Class passengers are allowed 2 bags weighing up to 32 kilograms (70.5 pounds) each, while First Class passengers are allowed 3 bags weighing up to 32 kilograms (70.5 pounds) each.
- Excess Baggage: Passengers who would like to take more bags than included in their free baggage allowance can purchase excess baggage. The cost of excess baggage varies depending on the route and the weight of the baggage.
- Sports Baggage: Passengers can take their sports baggage with them on their flight. The airline transports it either within the free baggage limits or for a surcharge.
- Passengers can find information about which items are allowed or prohibited in the cabin and in their checked baggage on the airline’s website.